a boy's own search for meaning in life, love, and birthday cake.


Friday, July 17, 2009

Git-R-Done

I need to get my shit together. ):

Although my life is going swimmingly on the surface, it feels as if I’m trapped in a chaotic jumble and that I’m struggling just to keep my head above water.

Work is going okay. Whatever. I’m scheduled, I show up, I take people’s money, I fold clothes, I go home. Nothing new there.

It’s just looking at everything not involving work does it feel like my world is falling apart.

My room is a mess.

I can’t remember which pile of clothes on the floor is clean or dirty or which need to get refolded back into its designated stack organized by department and style.

There are more dirty clothes on the floor than there are in my laundry hamper.

My textbooks are strewn all over the foot of my bed with my scarves and one half of a pair of Lacoste sneakers.

I’m not having anymore organizational success with school.

I’m missing assignments, not doing assignments, not going to class again, et cetera, et cetera.

Maybe it wasn’t as great as I thought it would be taking four bodywork classes this quarter.

Asian Bodywork, whatever. It’s not as tough as I thought it would be, but having sat out last class when we learned the Tui Na protocol on the abdomen and legs due to a sore throat really put me at a disadvantage.

I guess I can always watch the DVD, but the idea seems way too cheesy for me.

Besides, getting those treatment logs done seem very daunting. I barely have time to go to school, let alone do Tui Na on two people a week and then writing about it. Jeez…

Craniosacral Therapy, oh bother. Disregarding the fact that it’s with Andrew Grover, aka Cobra (that’s another set of issues in itself), I completely don’t get this class.

Maybe it’s because I can’t pick up the damn cranial wave while the rest of the class gloat on about their experience with it. I’m just not able to pick up other people’s subtle body energy easily, and I doubt I wanna stick around long enough to learn how.

And then, of course, more journals. One as the receiver during in-class hands-on, the other as the practitioner, and two separate experiences doing Craniosacral to other people.

Seriously, do these instructors not understand that there are students out there with a life outside of massage? Where the hell am I going to find the time (and bodies) to do two Tui Na and two Craniosacral protocols??

Fuck  these class journal entries. I barely made it through Reiki, and that class only required one  a week. Jesus.

But I guess the class is kinda interesting, given the fact that my partner this week made my arm spin all crazy just by holding my head. Go figure.

Synergistic Massage looks alright. There’s at least some Western involvement despite its heavily-influenced Asian Bodywork protocol, so I can deal. I guess I can fly through it if I at least do minimal effort and learned the protocol.

The instructor, Osi Livni, seems like a great gal. I pay more attention to her accent than what she’s teaching, however, and that gets pretty distracting.

At least there’s no journaling involved for this class, although I can be speaking too soon since it’s only the third week. Fingers crossed…

I’m just bummed I missed this week’s class since I got such a great back massage the week before. Oh, well.

Advanced Lab, can’t really complain. Back at the Wellness Center, doing the same ol’ shit. Only this time it’s at least with the same client over and over again, and more detail-intensive notes.

I kinda like SOAP notes. It’s teaching me to be more involved with the client and not treating it as just a rub down and a goodbye.

And I’m working with an HIV+ client, which puts me slightly on guard, I gotta admit.

Although, I am embarrassed to have believed my sore throat earlier this week was brought on by an HIV infection, seeing as how I had massaged my client not realizing the paper cut on my finger and the cuts on his leg. Oh, bother.

He’s a nice guy all the same, so hopefully I manage to impact his life a little better through the use of my hands, haha. (:

Now the sad thing is, whenever I do find some free time, instead of doing all those fucking journals, I just end up wasting time playing The Sims 3, which is a pretty fucking awesome game, I gotta say.

My interracial gay couple, Michael and Luis Dawson-Ortiz, has finally achieved their individual lifetime goals (man of perfect mind & body, and rockstar, respectively) and are now raising three adopted children in their amazingly-furnished 5-story house since their original child I had ended up accidentally deleting. Whoops…

Finally after playing The Sims all day, I’ve come to realize I tend to lose my hold of reality, relating my life experience per the game’s matrix, so I think it’s about time I lay off for a while to save me my sanity.

And hopefully it allots me some more free time to clean my room and do my laundry.

And those fucking journals.