a boy's own search for meaning in life, love, and birthday cake.


Sunday, April 11, 2010

Le Grande Artiste: 10-0411

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>Choices
Inspired by a random run-in with the ex-boyfriend's dad, this piece is the result of tireless rumination in  making a major decision that will play an integral role in shaping the rest of my life.

It represents my fear, while boldly expressing my wild hopes.



<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

 Mon Avis
My first attempt at linear painting.

Wasn't too successful (I have no idea which brush to use for that yet), so I just painted over my crappy lines and filled it in to make a bolder statement.

(it's supposed to be the Eiffel Tower)


<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

Chantico
A meditation in brown and caramel,
this image had been haunting my mind for so long that it inspired me to go buy a paint set so I can get it out of me.

It didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but I can live with the results.



Fun fact: none of these paintings turned out the way I pictured them in my mind (nothing ever really does, I guess), but the results are serendipitous.

Still, it sucks being a perfectionist.