a boy's own search for meaning in life, love, and birthday cake.


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

T2M #6

0410— 211PM
I'm trying to make an important life decision, and all I want to do is weep.

I'm frightened and confused, lost and uncertain.

Nothing in life is ever easy, and everything must come at a price.

I know why I want to do this, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Everything is giving me different answers; I can't even hear the voice inside.

I'm too bound by my fears, my fears of failure, of uncertainty, that I cannot make a move.


- - -

Thank you for that fated encounter, Mr. B.

You played an important role in setting my plans in motion, of motivating me to set forth and blaze that trail that had been beckoning me, almost haunting me.

I've been torn over this for so long, agonizing in my indecision that I've nearly lost sight of all direction.

But now, seemingly in the spur of the moment, I've managed to muster enough courage to make the first step.

Hard part's over.

Or has it just begun?

- - -

The best decisions in life are made on the fly.