a boy's own search for meaning in life, love, and birthday cake.


Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Texts To Myself (T2M) #2

0914 – 417PM
I've been feeling so out of touch with the world.

I haven't spent much quality time with my friends lately. The only thing connecting us now is Facebook and sporadic text messages that don't come as often as I'd like.

Even that makes me feel as if our friendship is hanging on by a measly string.

I've gotten so used to spending so much time with them that when we resume our normal distance from each other, my dramatic nature takes over and makes me believe I've been deserted, stranded, abandoned.

I guess this time away from my friends can be considered a blessing in disguise.

It's given me time to myself, time I only see now that I've desperately needed all along.

I need time to recuperate, nurture my strength. Get everything I need done that doesn't require their help.

This period of isolation shouldn't be misconstrued as a dry spell of loneliness, but as a time to get myself back on track and reprioritize my life.




curious for #1?
0829 – 1243AM
Don't punish him for what happened.

It's not his fault; it's your own insecurities coming to the surface, your own jealousy you're coming face to face with and you know it's never going to be pretty.

Allow yourself to recognize that yeah, you are jealous. Then be able to forgive yourself for feeling that way.

The sooner you get over yourself, the sooner you'll enjoy the moment for what it is and leave it at that.